Rheingau and the surrounding area
The Rheingau, one of the smallest wine-growing regions in Germany, stands out for its compactness and its unique character Density of sights and cultural sites. The symbiotic combination of river, wine and natural landscape is captivatingly beautiful. The wines of the Rheingau are world famous. The region owes the good growth of the grapes to the winding course of the Rhine. In the Rheingau, it suddenly runs from east to west in the north-south direction. That gives the Rheingau an almost mediterranean climate. The Rheingau is particularly suitable for active nature lovers.
Excursion and sightseeing tips in the Rheingau
- Rheingau – Rheingau wine and holiday region
- Schloss Vollrads – Weingut Schloss Vollrads – 100% Riesling grapes from the Rheingau
- Schloss Johannisberg – Winery Schloss Johannisberg
- Kloster Eberbach – Monastery Eberbach
- Kloster Marienthal – Monastery Marienthal
- Kurfürstliche Burg Eltville – Eltville electoral castle
- Brentanohaus – Oestrich-Winkel im Rheingau | Baron von Brentano
Cycling in the Rheingau
Rüdesheim is a very good starting point for bike tours through the Rheingau. On the route to Wiesbaden you pass through picturesque wine-growing communities for around 25 kilometers. Located directly on the Rhine with a gradient of up to 1-2%, the Rhine Cycle Path is particularly suitable for families. It’s easy to get back by train. E-bike and mountain bike riders get their money’s worth on the numerous challenging vineyard and forest trails around the Niederwald monument. Cycling through the “Upper Middle Rhine Valley” World Heritage Site is easy on the route on the left bank of the Rhine from Bingen to Koblenz over 65 kilometers past castles and vineyards. You can comfortably take the ferry from Rüdesheim and start cycling. Numerous sandy bays on the Rhine invite you to take a break with a wonderful view of the Middle Rhine Valley.
- Hessischer Radfernweg R3 – Bike tours in the RheinMain region
- Rheinradweg/ Rheinhessen – Bicycle tours – Rheinhessen
- Komoot Rad – Routenplaner – The 20 most beautiful bike tours around Rüdesheim am Rhein
for young and old
If you are looking for action and a day full of exciting experiences then you have come to the right place.
- Segway Events Rheingau – Experience the Rheingau differently
- Stand Up Paddling Rheingau – Courses and rentals
- Sommerrodelbahn Loreley-Bob – The summer toboggan run on the Loreley rock
- Kletterwald Neroberg Wiesbaden – The climbing forest with a difference
- Erlebnispfad Binger Wald – A journey of discovery for all the senses
- Rüdesheimer Maislabyrinth – Corn Maze from july to september
- Park am Mäuseturm – Bingen am Rhein, Water playground and skate park
- Ponyland Rüdesheim – Ebentaler Hof – Ponyhof
- Taunus Wunderland – The family park in nature!
- Fasanerie Wiesbaden – Animal and plant park in the state capital Wiesbaden
- Opel Zoo – Recreation – education – research – conservation of species
- Geierlay Hängebrücke – Suspension bridge
- Barfußpfad Bad Sobernheim – The barefoot path – the original
- Geocaching – Numerous geocaches in the area
Swimming pools and thermal baths
In Rüdesheim am Rhein and the surrounding area, some swimming pools invite you to relax indoors or outdoors.
- Rüdesheim Asbach Bad – Outdoor swimming pool in the city of Rüdersheim am Rhein
- Rheingau Bad – Indoor swimming pool Rheingau-Bad
- Eltville Rosenbad – Outdoor swimming pool in Eltville am Rhein
- Rheinwelle – Sauna and bathing world
- Naturerlebnisbad Bingen – Bingen – Bingerbrück
- Emser Therme – Sauna & wellness in Bad Ems near Koblenz
- Bäderhaus Bad Kreuznach – Relaxed sauna – Bad Kreuznach